More changes
I'm thinking it is probably about time I placed more entries in my blog as it's been a long while since I last wrote. Time seems to have flown and life seems to have taken on a number of changes one of which is our daughter now being at boarding school along with her big brother leaving just Sam at home with mum & dad delighting in the fact that he now has his parents' undivided attention with his siblings gone for a few months.
In a few days we will be saying our farewells to our two oldest as we head back over the border, making our way back to the Big Mango (Ouagadougou). It is such a contrast to living in Djibo and I'm still not sure if I like it or not. Sometimes it feels as if one has taken the finger off the pulse a little, a slight sense of detachment after living so close to the Fulani for over eight years. But I guess you can feel a sense of detachment from living in most capital cities. Anonymity is always one of the snares of city life but it does make it all the more special when we visit our friends in Djibo where people know who we are and we know them.
0 comments:
Post a Comment