Saturday, November 08, 2008
Ticking All The Boxes
7:22 pm |
Edit Post
Over the past week and a half we have had the privilege of working with Friends In Action making some fairly deep holes in the ground around the Djibo area. I didn’t actually realize how hit and miss the whole operation was when it comes to actually finding water. The first two holes we sank were a huge disappointment and it was very discouraging having to leave the village of Konga not having found a decent amount of water. The Second village, however, was a different kettle of fish. After drilling down just 100ft water came gushing out. The elation that was written all over my friends face said it all. For years they have had to drink diseased water from the lake and hand dug holes, but now they have their very own clean water supply.
Now we had succeeded in the
The team from our home church (
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- The Gibsons on-line
- I live in Burkina Faso with my wife, Cheryl, and three children and have not yet found a house for us to live in and I work amongst the Fulani people.
1 comments:
Wonderful news that all the boxes were ticked! Just sorry that I wasn't able to be there. Blessing to you all.
Post a Comment