Tuesday, March 17, 2009
One of those days
8:58 pm |
Edit Post
Some days unfold, some days are disjointed and other days just seem to rush by like a speeding train. I'm not sure how to describe today.
It started off quite normally with breakfast followed by family devotions. I was hoping to be off by 9am to a village to do some evangelism with Pastor Jodoma but first I needed to get on top of some of the Djibo station accounts and Milk powder project administration. By 9:30 the Pastor and I were on the road heading out to the bush. Half an hour late isn't too bad.
Following out time out in the village we arrived back in town at 3:30pm when I received a phone call from my Tuareg friend down the road. He informed me that there was a Measles outbreak in his village and, tragically, one child had already died. It's so hard to know what to do or say in situations like this one. They had already taken the first case to the hospital where measles was diagnosed but now there were cases springing up all over the place. It seems to be one thing after another with my Tuareg friend. First the refugees who arrived on his doorstep last year followed by a very poor harvest. They have already had an outbreak of hoping cough this year and now this. All we were able to do was to buy a couple of sacks of grain for them with the instructions, "for the children only" to help build up their strength as most of them are very malnourished.
The day ended with me teaching the children French for an hour. I'm quite tired now and it's going to be an early night for us all tonight I think as it's just been one of those days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment