Saturday, February 24, 2007
What a start to the week.
9:24 am |
Edit Post
My intention on the Sunday afternoon was to visit a friend's son on the Sunday who was in Hospital , but due to our guard losing all his keys this didn't happen. This young boy was taken into the local Hospital earlier on in the week with suspected meningitis only to discover it was tetanus he had contracted from being cut a few days previous with a rusty nail. This morning, however, I was shocked to discover that this young boy, about the same age as our Joshua, had passed away around midday Sunday. It is difficult to say what happened or what medication he received or even what drugs his family gave him prior to taking him to the Hospital. It was just a harsh reminder of how often life is held in the balance in a place like Djibo.
At the end of the day I attended the indiiri (naming ceremony) of the baby I had taken home from the hospital the week before. They had named him Umaru. Umaru being the Fulani name I go by out here.
It was a bitter sweet beginning to the week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment